CIRA Election Forum
Forum électoral de CIRA

We appreciate everyone's participation and lively discussion surrounding CIRA's board election.
Voting will end today (October 4) at 12:30 at which time the election forum will become inactive.

Nous apprécions la participation de tous·tes et les discussions animées entourant l'élection du conseil de CIRA.
Le vote se terminera aujourd'hui (le 4 octobre) à 12h30, au même moment le forum électoral deviendra inactif.

• Alex

October 4, 2023 at 8:41 am

There are multiple threads/questions/comments that need addressing (least of which why are you up at 1:26 am fussing about CIRA Forum).

While I am not as Tek Savvy as you, I know that the list of members is kept on a dedicated platform – not on paper Rolodex cards – which has a feature to extract the list (CSV or XLS format). How long should that “reasonably” take? And then send an email as an attachment?

If not cost recovery why $500? Note that CIRA has provided that list for 25 years without any cost. Why now? And “what for” given that the money was going to be donated anyway? Would a reasonable person expect that to be $500?

The CNPA also allows a member to come in to the office and take an extract of the list. I assume that CIRA staff should babysit that member for the 5-10 minutes. What woudl be a reasonable cost to do that? Just your opinion.

BTW, I offered to give CIRA the tax receipt of $500 for a list of members. I also offered to come into the office as per the CNPA to take that extract (or have my representative do so). Silence, but fully transparent and accountable, just MIA.